Web Hosting Fair Use Policy
This policy is subject to change. This policy is in addition to The Online Director Web Hosting Terms & Conditions
1. The Online Director reserves the right to suspend, cancel or terminate a customer’s access to any or all services provided by The Online Director, where The Online Director decides that the account has been inappropriately used. The Online Director reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its network to anyone.
2. The Online Director offer large amounts and unlimited disk space and bandwidth with some account types. By this, we mean disk space for legitimate website content and bandwidth for visitors to view it. All files on a domain must be part of the active website and linked to the site. websites should not contain any backups, or other non-web based content. We will treat all password protected archives (e.g. zip and rar) files as unacceptable. Non web files including, but not limited to exe, mp3, avi, wmf are not permitted on our servers with out prior arrangement.
3. Scripts and web applications on the website must be designed to produce web-based content, and not to use the server as an application server. Using the server to generate large volumes of email from a database is an example of activity that is not allowed. Scripts and web applications should not attempt to manipulate the timeouts on servers. These are set at the present values to ensure the reliability of the server. Sites that reset these do so because they are resource intensive, and adversely affect server performance and are therefore not allowed. Scripts and web applications that are designed to provide proxy services, anonymous or otherwise, are not allowed.
4. Scripts, website, frameworks and web applications that use excessive resources such as memory or CPU are not permitted on our servers.
5. The Online Director FTP servers may not be used by persons outside of the account holders organisation to transfer files to our servers. The use of web cam applications which maintain a constant FTP connection uploading an image at regular intervals is forbidden.
6. The Online Director will disable any website, account and domain that fails to adhere to the following criteria as soon as we are made aware, in line with current working practices: –
6.1. The primary purpose of any website must be to provide web-based content to viewers. Files on the site must be linked to the website.
6.2. The primary purpose of any script, framework, website or web application must be to produce a web page. Scripts and web applications that send a single email based upon user entered information, or update a database are acceptable. Scripts and web applications that send bulk email or perform processor intensive database processes are not allowed. All outgoing mail is monitored and filtered and must be sent using authentication from a The Online Director hosted mailbox.
6.3. Database services are for the exclusive use of storing the data of websites hosted on our network and can not be used to store non website data.
6.4. Websites must not contain Warez, copyright or other illegal material. The onus is on you the customer to prove that you own the rights to publish material, not for The Online Director to prove that you do not.
6.5. Websites must not contain pornographic or other lewd material. Adult Material includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of “adult material” is left entirely to the discretion of The Online Director.
6.6. Websites must not use excessive amounts of server resources. These include bandwidth, processor utilization and / or disk space. If your website uses large amounts of server resources you will be contacted to look at upgrading your account and or suspending it until furthar notice.
6.7. Websites must not contain scripts and web applications that attempt to access privileged server resources, or other sites on the same server.
6.8. FTP Services are for the exclusive use of our customers and our resellers customers and may not be used for anonymous or pubic FTP access.
6.9. Email Services are for the exclusive use of our customers and our resellers customers and may not be used for Free Email Services or Free Mailbox Services.
7. If you are found to have illegal or copyright infringed files stored on our systems then your account will be suspended and all files removed without warning. The designation of “illegal files” is left entirely to the discretion of The Online Director.